Monday 14 July 2014

Rules Are Made To Be Broken?




I broke my rule a bit here as although not finished I decided to prep the next 5 Legionaries. My reasoning was that I was close to completing them and wanted to be able to get straight on to painting more.

I managed to acquire 15 non Legion pose MKIII Marines, a MK2B Land Raider, a handful of Phobos Pattern Bolters and 9 Heresy Meltas from a friend who had abandoned his Iron Warriors project.

This was a great help as it meant I could pretty much finish my Legion Tactical squad, bar the command options.


I was trying my best to make each base as unique as possible as a wave of a 20 Strong Tactical squad would have little other variation. I decided to start to include some of the Forgeworld Razor Wire to give me more options. If you haven't worked with this before be careful as it can be quite sharp, it's an excellent purchase though as you get loads on one sheet.


A lot of the other Legions already had specific shoulder pads available for them. Salamanders were yet to be released but I made the decision to leave the left shoulder on all my Marines until I could purchase them.



With my second 5 now ready for priming I started to finish off the other parts of the first lot. This has been the first time I have painted the majority of the models parts separately. It's helped with a couple of things, I've been able to paint any hard to reach areas with ease adding better detail to my miniatures. But more importantly for me it has broken my painting down into small chunks. This has helped me maintain motivation a lot, as even if I only have an hour of free time I can still get a little bit completed. It's really helped my pace.

Cheers
J

No comments:

Post a Comment